Composite Dental Fillings
Composite Dental Fillings in La Crescenta, CA
As one of the most common restorative treatments offered at Enhance Dentist, dental fillings are most often used by Dr. David S. Kim to repair damage and cavities caused by dental decay. Offered in a composite material, these fillings match your tooth color for a more subtle fix. Learn more about composite dental fillings in La Crescenta, Santa Clarita and Valencia, California, by calling our office today to meet with Dr. Kim.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material. Dr. Kim and his team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health. There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, Dr. Kim will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
For more information about composite dental fillings and to make an appointment with Dr. Kim, contact our office today.